Thursday, February 26, 2009

dorothy hope mitchell 1917-2009


sadly, greg's grandma died on 21st februrary, 3 days after her 92nd birthday.
we were able to celebrate with her and spend some time with her before she died but even 92 years is too short a time to be here.

we are immensely blessed that she was a woman of strong christian faith and character, a good and faithful servant of our Lord Jesus Christ and a precious member of our family. she will be long remembered for her hospitality, patience, kindness and love, for her generosity in time and especially in cakes! we miss her terribly but she is today in paradise with Jesus.

"I am the bread of life. He who comes to me will never go hungry, and he who believes in me will never be thirsty...For I have come down from heaven not to do my will but the will of him who sent me. And this is the will of him who sent me, that I shall lose none of all that he has given me, but raise them up at the last day." (John 6:35, 37-38)

1 comment:

  1. Oh guys, just read this and heard. I am so glad you made it back in time, but that is very sad. I like that her middle name was hope. We will be praying for comfort. Lots of love to you both.

    ReplyDelete