Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Sunny Korea Clinic

Stef works at the Hanoi Red Cross Sunny Korea Clinic 2 days each week. It is a clinic for the local Vietnamese people, most of whom are poor rice farmers living in the local communes. The clinic provides free health care services and medicines. It's a great opportunity to serve the locals, practice my Vietnamese and keep up my medical skills all at once.The clinic currently has 3 doctors, some nurses, a physiotherapist, lab technician, radiographer, several front desk staff, 3 guards and a driver who takes us out to the clinic each week, about 20 km from Hanoi city. There are plans to expand in 2010 to construct another building for more physical therapy and rehabilitation medicine.
We also have 1 guard dog with 6 puppies keeping watch for us!
Here I am with my trusty translator interviewing a patient.

2 comments:

  1. I love this photo of you working, Stef! I'm always fascinated with other people's jobs, and yours is especially interesting at the moment. I assume your translator is the woman (since you're looking at the man). What is she like?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Donna,
    Yes that is my translator. We make a great team.
    The man is a patient of our clinic, though not a very typical one as he is much better dressed than most. We're not sure how he came to be on our books but nevermind!
    stef.

    ReplyDelete